Sports Capital Grant Opens for Applications
The 2017 Sports Capital Programme will be open for applications from 9am on Monday 23 January 2017.
The deadline for registration is 5pm on Friday 10 February 2017.
If your organisation is not registered on OSCAR by 5pm on 10 February 2017, you will not be able to make an application. If your organisation has already registered, you do not need to register again.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 24 February 2017. The online system will be shut down at this time and no late or partial applications will be accepted.
The 2017 guide to filling out the online application form, including the terms and conditions pertaining to applications, is available here >>
The Sports Capital Programme is the Government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
The programme funds:
- Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- Hurling walls / handball alleys
- Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- Non-personal equipment including lawn mowers and defibrillators. Anything set in the ground (such as goal posts) is not considered equipment.
- Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance.