Put Your Organisation on Ireland’s first Non-Profit Map
The Wheel is currently working on an ambitious and wide-reaching project to map Ireland’s community, voluntary and charity sector. Our goal is to produce an interactive map (similar to Google Maps, but specifically focused on community, voluntary and charity organisations) that will enable to the public to connect with your organisation. We're calling the project Street Level Philanthropy.
The map will help raise your profile and build support for your organisation by:
- increasing awareness of your organisation an its work
- directing the public to your online donation/Mycharity.ie/Sponsor.ie page
- highlighting volunteering opportunities in your organisation (if any)
- encouraging the public to interact with you on Facebook and Twitter
The information that will appear on the map will be drawn from The Wheel’s Directory. In order for us to ensure that the Street Level Philanthropy map is as up-to-date and accurate as possible, we now need you to login to www.wheel.ie and update any fields in your organisation profile that may be out of date. We also request that you fill out the new fields that we have recently created, where applicable.
The new fields will provide you with a space to link to your Facebook & Twitter profiles, as well as to any online donations pages (on your website, mycharity.ie, sponsor.ieetc.) and volunteering information.
We also ask that you pinpoint the position of your primary address on the map by dropping a pin at the exact address (zoom in for a closer view).
So you see that by updating your profile now, you'll have a new and dynamic way to connect with the public once our Street Level Philanthropy map goes live this summer.
Steps to take now:
1. Login to Wheel.ie here: https://www.wheel.ie/user/login
Click here if you forgot you login details.
2. Click on your organisation profile (which you will see listed on your My Account page).
3. Click Edit on your organisation profile page, then update and fill out all relevant fields and then click Save.
And, of course, we'll keep you posted on the progress of our Street Level Philanthropy project in the coming months.
Don't Yet Have a User Account On Wheel.ie?
If you don't yet have your own free user account set up on Wheel.ie, not to worry - you can set one up in moments and then you will be able to login so that you can edit your organisations existing profile on our website.
Ready to get started? Great! Please just click here for a simple step-by-step guide.
If you need any further assistance please email Paul Meade at email@example.com.