Statement of Principles for Fundraising
Fundraising by charities in Ireland is currently regulated according to voluntary Codes of Good Practice on the operational and administrative aspects of fundraising by charities. The Wheel strongly recommends all charities implement this code of practice.
...a series of free resources that are designed to assist in the implementation of the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The Charities Act 2009 gives the Minister powers to make regulations in relation to charitable fundraising and a consultative panel is currently engaged in discussing a future framework.
Implementing the Guiding Principles for Fundraising
Irish Charities Tax Research (ICTR)- has created a series of free resources that are designed to assist in the implementation of the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The resources include toolkits, templates, a sample complaints procedure, as well as a series of useful links to external bodies or information.
Guiding Principles for Fundraising:
- Seven Steps to Sign-up to the Fundraising Principles
- Board/Governing Body Resolution
- Compliance Checklist
- Public Compliance Statement
Feedback and Complaints Procedures:
- A sample procedure for charities, What a complainant can expect if s/he takes a complaint to the Monitoring Group.
Draft Public Statement(s):
- For use on websites, in Annual Reports and Annual Statements of Accounts, Including fulfilling the ‘comply or explain’ criteria.
More here: www.ictr.ie